Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Pricing Rules PRO Apply discount to all but the first product

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mdmcbride237 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mdmcbride237
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if the following is possible;

When a customer adds more than one of a single product then they receive a discount on each product but not the first. e.g. A product costs £20.

• When there is one of that product then the total is £20 and £0 discount.
    • When there is two of that product then the sub total is £40 and £10 discount and total is £30.
    • When there is three of that product then the sub total is £60 and £20 discount and total is £40.

And so on. I have no requirements for limiting the coupon usage and only a single product will be discounted, so no other cart items should be effected.

Is this possible?

Soft79
    Keymaster

You mention a coupon, are you talking about the WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features plugin or the Pricing Rules plugin?

mdmcbride237
    Participant

Hi,

I was talking about the WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO plugin. I have attempted to set an automatic coupon but only want it to apply once two or more of the same product are added to the cart and then for a fixed price to be reduced on all but the first product. e.g. So if 10 products are added a fixed amount is reduced from 9 of the products.

Is this best accomplished with the Pricing Rules plugin?

Regards.

Soft79
    Keymaster

I ask you since you posted in the Pricing Rules Plugin support forum.

Actually it is possible with the Coupon Plugin, but it needs a customized PHP script using the wjecf_get_limit_to_options filter. Do you have a dev who’s familiar with WooCommerce?

mdmcbride237
    Participant

Hi,

Yes we have developer who can implement this. Can you provide an example of using this filter?

Thanks for the help and pointing us in the right direction.

Soft79
    Keymaster

Look for wjecf_get_limit_to_options in includes/pro/WJECF_Pro_Limit_Discount_Quantities.php.

This allows you to create a new option for the ‘Limit discount to’-dropdown.

Usage is documented in the source, and you can look at the internal options in the same source file as an example.

mdmcbride237
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the info, I am sure our developer can sort our requirements now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.