Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Free products are still being charged

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Justin
    Participant

Hi There,

I just purchased the Pro version of Extended Coupon Features and I’ve been trying to set up a fairly simple “Buy x, get y free” coupon. There are no variations and the product is just a 1 for 1 deal. I set it up as a “Product Discount” and the free product is being added to the cart just fine, but the cost of the free item is not being deducted. The cart shows the full cost for both items. I’ve also noticed that when checking out, under the subtotal there are two “Discount” fields that are blank.

Thanks in advance,
    Justin

Soft79
    Keymaster

Sounds like a conflict with another plugin, probably one that affects WooCommerce product prices. What other plugins are you using? Please let me know how to reproduce the issue on your site and, if possible, send admin credentials to admin at soft79.nl.

Justin
    Participant

Hi There,
    Here are the plugins that seem to affect price:
    WooCommerce Advanced Product Quantities
    WooCommerce Discount by Roles
    WooCommerce Role Based Price
    WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features (regular and pro)

In regards to Roles, the product we are trying to give away for free is not used in any of the first 3 plugins.

I was able to create a workaround where I modified a free gift coupon where the Product Discount had a Coupon Amount that is equal to the price of the product I want to give away for free ($5.00). This is working now since it just credits back the extra charge, but it feels like a bit of a hack.

Side note: I have figured out the reason for the 2 “Discount” fields was because 2 items were being added for free. The second item is a catalog that has a normal cost of $0.00 so it was effectively working fine.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding how this plugin works. Do products that I want to give away need to be pre-built with a cost of $0.00? I was under the impression I can give away ANY product in our catalog and this plugin would credit the cost back to the customer automatically.

Soft79
    Keymaster

Can you please temporary disable the other plugins and check whether the issue persists?

You are using my plugin the right way. It shouldn’t be required that the product has a $ 0 value.

Justin
    Participant

I will test that shortly and see what I can discover. Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.