Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Not working correctly since Woo v4

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Phil Whitwell
    Participant

Hi,
    we are getting an issue not with the plugin itself but with a product that has only a signup fee, the fee is not added to the total. With help from Woo support, your plugin was found to be responsible, ie with the plugin disabled the issue goes away.
    We have upgraded to PRO but still have the same issue. Happy to give access for you to have a look…

We get this error message in WP logs…
    [Sat Apr 04 12:07:20.684216 2020] [php7:notice] [pid 9564] [client 51.6.112.249:42880] id was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly. Backtrace: require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), do_action(‘template_redirect’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_AJAX::do_wc_ajax, do_action(‘wc_ajax_update_order_review’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WC_AJAX::update_order_review, woocommerce_checkout_payment, WC_Payment_Gateways->get_available_payment_gateways, apply_filters(‘woocommerce_available_payment_gateways’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, payment_gateway_disable_direct_debit, WC_Product_Subscription->__get, WC_Abstract_Legacy_Product->__get, wc_doing_it_wrong. This message was added in version 3.0., referer: https://batchdistillery.co.uk/checkout/

Soft79
    Keymaster

Well, the error message is not caused by our plugin, because our plugin does not call ‘id’ on products. But maybe the error message is not related to the problem that you are having.

Can you please provide steps to reproduce the issue in your store? If you wish you can send the details privately to admin at soft79.nl

Phil Whitwell
    Participant

Ok,
    i have sent you credentials to have a look.
    To recreate the problem
    https://stagingbatch2.wpengine.com/become-a-member/
    Click sign up for either 6 month or 12 month products

Note checkout total does not include signup fee.
    I had a quick look at the debug
    It is something to do with call to woocommerce_after_calculate_totals
    I guess it appears as a free product but it is not free just with sign up cost only

Phil Whitwell
    Participant

Not sure if you have checked credentials yet but should be added now.

Soft79
    Keymaster

I’ve did some tests on your site.

When our plugins adds the auto-coupon to the cart; it immediately is removed from the cart somehow. I think (but am not sure) that the Subscriptions plugin resets the cart during calculate_totals. Long story short; auto-coupons of our plugin and subscriptions plugin can’t work together… feel free to ask for a refund.

Phil Whitwell
    Participant

That’s giving up a bit easily.
    It is only since v4, unless you fix it, you cannot say that it is compatible with v4 of WooCommerce.
    It was the WooCommerce support team that pointed me in your direction.

We rely on your plugin and subscriptions so would like a fix

Soft79
    Keymaster

Our plugin is compatible with WC 4; it’s possibly not compatible with the subscriptions plugin. Unfortunately we can’t guarantee compatibility with every single plugin. Normally we do try to apply fixes/workarounds if possible; but it’s outside of our hands if our plugin applies a coupon which then immediately gets removed by another plugin (probably the subscription plugin in this case). If you wish us to investigate this further you can hire us but not free of charge; please contact us by email then.

Phil Whitwell
    Participant

I can understand if it was a random plugin but Woo Subscriptions is a core plugin.
    The issue is not related to the coupon being removed it is that it sets the Total to £0, so subscribers get it for free!
    This is a bug not something that can be worked around.

Phil Whitwell
    Participant

I found this code which is setting the total to £0

// Must be AFTER hook of Auto Coupon (5) but BEFORE WC_Cart_Session::set_session (10)
    WJECF()->safe_add_action( ‘woocommerce_after_calculate_totals’, array( $this, ‘update_free_products_in_cart’ ), 8 );

//Set price to 0.00 for free products
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_add_cart_item’, array( $this, ‘filter_woocommerce_add_cart_item’ ), PHP_INT_MAX, 6 ); // mark the free products as such
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_get_cart_item_from_session’, array( $this, ‘filter_woocommerce_get_cart_item_from_session’ ), PHP_INT_MAX, 3 ); // mark the free products as such

// overwrite values (price 0.00) if it’s a free product
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_product_get_price’, array( $this, ‘filter_woocommerce_product_get_price’ ), PHP_INT_MAX, 2 );
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_product_variation_get_price’, array( $this, ‘filter_woocommerce_product_get_price’ ), PHP_INT_MAX, 2 );

// overwrite subtotal of 0.00
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_coupon_discount_amount_html’, array( $this, ‘filter_woocommerce_coupon_discount_amount_html’ ), 8, 2 );

//A free product coupon always has a value (for Auto coupon)
    add_filter( ‘wjecf_coupon_has_a_value’, array( $this, ‘filter_wjecf_coupon_has_a_value’ ), 10, 2 ); // if coupon grants free products, it has a value! Required for Auto Coupons
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_coupon_is_valid_for_product’, array( $this, ‘filter_woocommerce_coupon_is_valid_for_product’ ), 10, 4 ); //don’t count the free items for coupon restrictions

add_action( ‘woocommerce_cart_emptied’, array( $this, ‘woocommerce_cart_emptied’ ) );

Soft79
    Keymaster

That code is not related. The product price is 0.00, but Subscriptions plugin changes this to 185.

I have an idea which might work, but I need the subscriptions plugin to test this locally, can you send it to admin at soft79.nl?

Soft79
    Keymaster

Simply changing the discount type from “Percentage Discount” to “Sign Up Fee % Discount” seems to solve the issue.

The subscriptions plugin gets confused when calculate_totals gets called multiple times. Somehow it mixes up the Subscription price and the sign-up fee. Also internally it throws an “Sorry, this coupon is only valid for an initial payment and the subscription already has a free trial.”-exception when the discount type is not one of the Subscriptions-discount types. Changing the discount type to “Sign Up Fee % Discount” fixes this, but I don’t know why.

Phil Whitwell
    Participant

Thanks for the workaround.
    The only thing now is it does not show the notification that the coupon is being applied but only minor and can live with that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.