Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Add more than 1 free product with a coupon

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jane Christensen
    Participant

Hello!

I am getting ready to set up a coupon where if they purchase at least $100 they get 6 free hand sanitizers. Is there a way to set how many of the same product they get for free?

Thanks!

Soft79
    Keymaster

You can paste the following snippet in your child theme’s functions.php. Replace THE_COUPON_CODE with the actual coupon code.

add_filter( 'wjecf_free_product_amount_for_coupon', function ( $coupon_qty, $coupon ) { 
      if ( strcasecmp( $coupon->get_code(), 'THE_COUPON_CODE' ) === 0 ) {
        $coupon_qty = 6;
      }
      return $coupon_qty;
    } );

(Untested)

Jane Christensen
    Participant

I put it in my child theme but it didn’t work, it is still showing just 1 at checkout 🙁

add_filter( ‘wjecf_free_product_amount_for_coupon’, function ( $coupon_qty, $coupon ) {
    if ( strcasecmp( $coupon->get_code(), ‘clean’ ) === 0 ) {
    $coupon_qty = 6;
    }
    return $coupon_qty;
    } );

Soft79
    Keymaster

I missed a 10, 2

Does the following work?

add_filter( 'wjecf_free_product_amount_for_coupon', function ( $coupon_qty, $coupon ) { 
        $coupon_qty = 6;
      }
      return $coupon_qty;
    }, 10, 2 );

Jane Christensen
    Participant

it does not :/ I am using a flatsome theme, not the child theme of that theme anymore, could that be why?

Soft79
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s the cause. You could put it in the flatsome functions.php, but it will be overwritten when you update your theme. Alternatively you can create a custom plugin for this:

1. On your PC create a directory jane-custom-plugin/
    2. In that directory create a file jane-custom-plugin.php with the following content:

/*
    Plugin Name: Jane Custom Plugin
    Description: Custom Coupon functionality.
    Author: Jane Christensen
    Version: 1.0.0
    */

$coupon_qty = 6;
      }
      return $coupon_qty;
    }, 10, 2 );

3. Zip the directory into a file jane-custom-plugin.zip (so the php-file is named jane-custom-plugin/jane-custom-plugin.php inside the zip-file)
    4. Go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add Plugin and upload and activate your plugin!

Jane Christensen
    Participant

I have never made my own plugin before, is there a forum/link you can send me for the steps?

Soft79
    Keymaster

Actually those 4 steps is all you need! Is there anything you’re stuck with?

More info: https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/ but this is probably too much information.

Jane Christensen
    Participant

I dont know how to “create a directory” 🙁 I am working on a mac just FYI

Soft79
    Keymaster

I’ve sent you a custom plugin using wetransfer to car..@omni……com

Jane Christensen
    Participant

I got it! I will install it and let you know! Thank you! Is this a workout with any code? creating a new plugin?

Jane Christensen
    Participant

I got it! I will install it and let you know! Thank you! Is this a work around with any code? creating a new plugin and installing it?

Jane Christensen
    Participant

it worked! thank you so much!

Soft79
    Keymaster

You can edit this plugin, adding rules whenever you want. No need to create multiple plugins for that.

Soft79
    Keymaster

Great! Happy sales!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.