Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Allowed Users vs Disallowed Users

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rcasey
    Participant

When we’re creating coupons, we usually have to specify what user roles the coupons are for. We have regular customer users and distributors/resellers of our products.

In certain instances we do Allowed User Roles, which consists of us selecting: Customers and Sales User Roles, but the coupon will render useless. But if we remove the Allowed User Roles, and use a disallowed User Role, which will only consist of: Distributors. The coupon works as expected.

Can you please help provide some insight why this is, and if there is anything we can do to make both fields work, depending on which one we would like to use. Instead of using just the disallowed roles as a fallback, when the allowed user roles are not working properly?

Any help is much appreciated!

Soft79
    Keymaster

Please disable the option to allow an invalid coupon (miscellaneous tab). What message do you get when you manually try to apply a coupon with ‘Allowed user roles’ to a cart?

rcasey
    Participant

We get a message that says, “Coupon will be applied when the requirements are met.”

rcasey
    Participant

Excuse me, “Coupon ‘summer10’ will be applied when its conditions are met.”

Soft79
    Keymaster

You need to disable the option ‘allow invalid coupon’. Then you get another message. Is it an auto coupon? Then also temporarily disable that option.

rcasey
    Participant

Can you please direct me to where these settings are found, as I do not see them in either of the Coupons or Woocommerce Settings?

rcasey
    Participant

I have found both setting and have disabled them, the still did not work. The message that I receive now is “Sorry, it seems the coupon “summer10″ is not yours.”

Soft79
    Keymaster

Ok, that’s the message I was looking for…

At the moment you get that message, are you logged in as a user with one of the roles to which the coupon applies?

rcasey
    Participant

I was, so I have actually re-followed all of the steps that you gave me, then tried to checkout in an “Incognito” window, and I’m still receiving the same message: “Sorry, it seems the coupon “summer10” is not yours.”

Soft79
    Keymaster

Please send me the credentials of a user with that role to admin at soft79.nl and steps to reproduce the issue in your store.

rcasey
    Participant

Before I give you access, I think I understand the issue now.

1) If we are selecting allowed user roles, for example: Customers, Sales (This means that they are registered users, and this would apply to them only)
    2) If we disallow user roles, in this case, distributors (The coupon will work for registered and unregistered users (aka Guest) but not distributors.
    3) If allowed user roles are selected, this will automatically eliminate Guest Checkout with this particular coupon because a user role has been defined.

Is all of this correct? If so, I understand where our issues are now.

Please advise.

Soft79
    Keymaster

Yes, the user MUST have one of the allowed roles during checkout.

rcasey
    Participant

Thank you very much. This all makes sense now. You’ve been very helpful.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.