Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Auto apply free product coupon not working by URL link

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stef Tock
    Participant

There’s a scenario we need to achieve that I thought would be simple but doesn’t seem to work so hope you might be able to help.

We’re running a PPC campaign, where a free product is given to customers who click and purchase via a link in a PPC advert. Therefore we’re using a custom URL for the PPC ad.

However, when using the ‘Free products’ option in the plugin, it looks like the qualifying product must be automatically added to the basket first before the coupon is applied for the free product to be included.

As an example, a visitor clicks our special URL and lands on our product page, but when they add the qualifying product to their cart, the free product isn’t added. If, however, the product is already in the basket when the link is used it works as expected.

I realise we could add a parameter to the URL which auto adds the product to the basket automatically (tested and it works) but we don’t want to auto add products to the customer basket.

I can’t use the Auto Add Coupon option in the plugin settings, as the offer is only valid for those who use the PPC ad link, not for everyone.

Is there any way I can add an auto_apply parameter to the URL?

Is there anyway the ‘Auto Apply’ feature can be made to work for a specific coupon, but only when there’s specific URL parameters (maybe UTM campaign or source), even if using a PHP filter?

Or is there any other way where the free product offer can be automatically applied (without auto adding the product to cart) when the special URL is used?

Any help appreciated – many thanks.
    Stef

Soft79
    Keymaster

At least 1 item must be in the cart to allow a coupon to be applied. If you check ‘Allow applying when invalid’ is a workaround that defers the coupon until it can be applied. Is that option checked?

Stef Tock
    Participant

Yes, but the workaround doesn’t appear to work with the Free Product. I’ll need to force customers to manually enter the code in this instance. Thanks

Soft79
    Keymaster

Please send me the url + steps to reproduce this in your store and tell me the required behaviour.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.