Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Buy 3 Get 1 Free By Category

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

How do I setup a coupon to allow the buyer to buy 3 of a category and get 1 free from the same category and also allow them to buy 6 from a category and get 2 free from the same category and so on?

Soft79
    Keymaster

There is no option to let the customer choose a free product from category. You would have to enter all possible products as free product options.

Chris
    Participant

ok, so if i enter all of the products in the free products filed, what would i set the rest of the parameters and fields to make this work properly?

Soft79
    Keymaster

Discount type: Product discount
    Product category: … your category …
    Min matching products amount: 3
    Auto coupon: yes

This will work for one free item. If you tick allow multiplication, the free product amount will be multiplied (2 if 6 matching products, 3 if 9 matching products).

If you want the customer to select different products if he has 6 or more items; there is no ‘neat’ way to achieve this. You could create a second coupon, with min matching amount set to 6, but if you have many products to choose from, there are probably too many options on screen, which will be a terrible User Experience.

Yerba
    Participant

Hello,

I am testing the free version of this on my staging site for yerba.org. I would like to add a “Buy 3 Get One Free” option for my pre rolls. I have tried it 2 different ways to see if it would work and here are the results:

1st attempt
    Discount Type: Product Discount
    Coupon Amount: $0
    Products(OR): I selected every pre-roll on our menu.
    Product Categories(OR): I selected the “preroll” category
    Minimum Quantity of Matching Products: 3
    Auto Coupon: Yes

After the coupon was created, I added 3 pre rolls to my cart and received a notification stating “Discount Applied – Preroll” When I went to checkout, no discount was applied and there was no option for choice of a free preroll. I then tried to add a 4th pre roll, clicked “checkout” and again no discount.

2nd attempt
    Discount Type: Product Discount
    Coupon Amount: $10
    Products(OR): I selected every pre-roll on our menu.
    Product Categories(OR): I selected the “preroll” category
    Minimum Quantity of Matching Products: 3
    Auto Coupon: Yes

After the coupon was updated to the $10 Coupon Amount, I cleared my cart, added 3 more pre rolls, received a notification stating “Discount Applied – Preroll,” and when I checked my cart $30 was subtracted. I believe $10 should have been subtracted.

Is my issue that I need to buy the Pro version? I’m not much of a developer so if I sound like an idiot, I apologize!

Thanks
    Rob
    rob@yerba.org

Soft79
    Keymaster

Hi Yerba,

You would need the PRO version for that. Only issue is that you must create a coupon for every preroll, otherwise the quantity of all prerolls will be summed for the ‘minimum matching quantity’.

You could use this free plugin as well: https://wordpress.org/plugins/soft79-wc-pricing-rules/ and apply a 25% discount if user buys 4. Using the pro version (https://www.soft79.nl/product/woocommerce-pricing-rules/) you can do this for a full range of products or categories and have a optional ‘discount’-message be displayed on the product page.

Yerba
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for the quick response!

Referencing the following sentance: “Only issue is that you must create a coupon for every preroll, otherwise the quantity of all prerolls will be summed for the ‘minimum matching quantity.'”

If I would like my customers to be able to mix and match pre rolls(ie. 1 Grandaddy, 1 Sour D, 1 OG Kush, and get a free Silver Haze), is that possible?

Thanks!

Soft79
    Keymaster

Yes, possible.

Yerba
    Participant

Sorry, last question I promise! So to mix and match on the buy 3 get 1 free coupon, I would simply create a coupon for each pre-roll?

Soft79
    Keymaster

Yes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.