Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ML
    Participant

Hi I’m trying to set up a Buy 3 from Category A get 1 Free from Category A discount, but i’m having a similar problem as this enquiry https://www.soft79.nl/forums/topic/bogof/ . Since its a category discount i cant use the free products section as i dont have a specific free product (the free product should be the lowest priced product(s) out of every 4 products in the cart).

Tried using BOGO matching products + allow multiplication but that gives 4 free products for every 4 products added instead of 1 free product for every 4.

Tried using Limit discount to nth item, but it discounts the last items added to cart instead of the lowest priced, so its discounting the 4th product added and the 8th product added to cart etc. Then I tried using the “lowest priced item” instead of the nth item, but that only allows one item to be discounted and doesnt multiply.

Can you give me a hand? Thanks.

Soft79
    Keymaster

Actually “Limit discount to every nth item” is what you need. Of every group of 4 matching products it discounts the 4th. The order of adding to cart should not make a difference. If it doesn’t work as expected, please send url + instructions to reproduce or a screenshot explaining the issue.

ML
    Participant

Here i have set to limit discount to every nth item with product percent discount 100% and minimum 4 items, but its deducting the price of the 4th and 8th item added to the cart (in the sequence) instead of taking the lowest price items . Discount is now $170 + $39 whereas discount should be $39 + $39

Screenshot here : https://pasteboard.co/J19FJzg.png

Thanks for your help

Soft79
    Keymaster

Hi, your screenshot shows the expected result. The plugin sorts the items expensive to cheap, and then discounts every 4th item.

• $ 390, Vitamin D3
    • $ 390, Vitamin D3
    • $ 390, Vitamin D3
    • $ 170, Vitamin B50 <– 4th item discounted
    • $ 170, Vitamin B50
    • $ 139, Biotin
    • $ 39, Vitamin C
    • $ 39, Vitamin C <– 8th item discounted

170 + 39 = 209

ML
    Participant

Is there anyway to discount the lowest priced item(s) in the entire order for every 4 items in the order? That way customers cannot trick the system by adding the cheapest items first and then more expensive items as the fourth ? Thanks

Soft79
    Keymaster

I think you didn’t really understand my last post. The plugin will discount every cheapest item in every group of 4 items sorted expensive to cheap. Let me give an example:

Imagine this cart:

• Product A: $ 100
    • Product B: $ 100
    • Product C: $ 100
    • Product D: $ 99
    • Discount: – $ 99
    • Total: $ 300

The discount is $99, no problem so far. Let’s imagine the customer now adds a $ 5 product. This is how the plugin would apply the discount:

• Product E: $ 5
    • Discount: – $ 99
    • Total: $ 305

Our plugin still discounts $ 99. In your case the discount would change to $ 5, like this:

• Product E: $ 5
    • Discount: – $ 5
    • Total: $ 399

So just by adding a $ 5 product, the cart total would increase by $ 99. That’s not fair!

—–

Another example. Please see the cart from your screenshot. You want a discount of $ 39 + $ 39, right? But in that case the customer would be better off if he’d place two separate orders like this:

Order 1:

• $ 390, Vitamin D3
    • $ 390, Vitamin D3
    • $ 390, Vitamin D3
    • $ 170, Vitamin B50
    • Discount: – $ 170

Order 2:

• $ 170, Vitamin B50
    • $ 139, Biotin
    • $ 39, Vitamin C
    • $ 39, Vitamin C
    • Discount: – $ 39

You see?

ML
    Participant

Yes we understand how the grouping works but the above scenarios can be reversed to game the system by for example purchase products $5, $5, $5, $499 to get a discount of $499.

Is there a way to combine the functions of every nth item with lowest priced item? We want every nth item to be calculated based on the cart as a whole regardless of the add to cart sequence.

Soft79
    Keymaster

The cart sequence does not make any difference. In your example of $5 + $5 + $5 + $499 using ‘limit discount to every 4th item’ the discount will always be $5. It’s not possible to game the system.

ML
    Participant

Sorry maybe I didn’t explain that last example very well $5, $5, $5, $499 would give a discount of $5 as u said it takes the cheapest item from the group of 4 but that is not what we want , and simply said we just want to apply a buy 3 get 1 free typical of a retail store.

For example , you walk in and pick up 5 items , if there’s a buy 3 get 1 promotion , cashiers going to ring in all 5 items (there’s no specific “grouping”) and the one with the lowest cost should be deducted , simple as that , with the rule multiplied for every 4 items . If the customer happens to buy 6 items , lowest priced item should be deducted and the other 5 items would be charged at regular price , if customer buys 8 items , the two lowest priced items would be deducted and 6 items charged at regular price , so on and so forth. We just want to know if the plugin can do this or not ?

Soft79
    Keymaster

I’ve sent you an email…

Richard Pomeroy
    Participant

That makes no sense. In your example:

$ 390, Vitamin D3
    $ 390, Vitamin D3
    $ 390, Vitamin D3
    $ 170, Vitamin B50 <– 4th item discounted
    $ 170, Vitamin B50
    $ 139, Biotin
    $ 39, Vitamin C
    $ 39, Vitamin C <– 8th item discounted

170 + 39 = 209

… your plugin decides to make a group based on price, but it is missing that fact that no one that is a store owner would ever do that. Whenever you go to a store and have a Buy 4 Get 1 You always get the cheapest one for free. So really your example below should look like this:

$ 390, Vitamin D3
    $ 390, Vitamin D3
    $ 390, Vitamin D3
    $ 170, Vitamin B50
    $ 170, Vitamin B50
    $ 139, Biotin
    $ 39, Vitamin C <- 8th item discount taken here
    $ 39, Vitamin C <- 4th item discount taken here

$39 + $39 = 78

Soft79
    Keymaster

In that case I would checkout twice; once to get the $ 170 item for free, and once to get the $ 39 item for free.

But as I stated in my email, you can use the “Limit discount to: N cheapest items” option in the upcoming version of our plugin, which I can send you if you want.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.