Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Choose Free Product on Checkout

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Robert Kaufman
    Participant

Hello,

It is very user-friendly to add a free product and choose it on the cart page; however, if the user goes straight to checkout and enters the code, they do not have the option to choose their free gift?

Any help? I have a huge campaign now and I need to resolve this.

Thanks

Soft79
    Keymaster

Please send url + instructions to reproduce in your store.

Robert Kaufman
    Participant

Hello,

Domain is steelfitusa.com

I’m not sure why you would have to reproduce my store. This is a general woocommerce plugin you should be able to solve on your testing site.

Soft79
    Keymaster

I need to see it on your store, because on my test site it is working as expected. Please let me know how to reproduce it on your store. I.e. what is the coupon code? What items need to be in the cart to apply the coupon? If you don’t want to make the coupon code public, you can send it to admin at soft79.nl

Robert Kaufman
    Participant

Please add this item to your cart: https://steelfitusa.com/product/abs-of-steel/

The coupon code is SWEAT

Thanks

Soft79
    Keymaster

I see.

If a free product hasn’t been selected yet the product selection is displayed on the checkout page. If a free product has been selected already, it will not be displayed on checkout. This is by design, to keep distraction to a minimum on checkout page.

If you want to change this behaviour:

1. Copy wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-auto-added-coupons-pro/templates/checkout/select-free-product.php to:
    wp-content/themes/YOUR_CHILD_THEME/woocommerce-auto-added-coupons/checkout/select-free-product.php

2. Open the file, find the following line:
    if ( empty( $coupon_form_data['selected_quantity'] ) ) {

and replace with:

if ( true || empty( $coupon_form_data['selected_quantity'] ) ) {

Robert Kaufman
    Participant

Hello,

I did that and while it worked it looked horrible.

https://ibb.co/cyizRp

Now I deleted the code, purged cache and everything on my browser and site and it won’t go back to before.

Please help.

Soft79
    Keymaster

Append this css:

ul.wjecf-cols > li {
        box-sizing: border-box;
        text-align: center;
    }

The box-sizing fixes an issue with the column width (I will include this in the next release).

The text-align centers the radio-button and title above the image. It still looks a bit off because the image has a huge white border as you can see in the following image (I applied img { border:1px solid orange } for clarification):

sweatcoupon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.