Repository › Forums › Support › WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO › Coupon on first purchase
- This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by Heidi Maskelyne.
November 20, 2020 at 6:04 am #16843
Placed a test order and received the 3.5 gift even if it is not my first order: https://snipboard.io/ezBP65.jpg
NOTE: Previous orders from this account have been trashed since they are test orders. Would this be the reason I still received the 3.5 free gift?November 20, 2020 at 8:15 am #16844
Yes, that’s the reason. Only orders with the following statuses are taken into account:
'wc-completed', 'wc-processing', 'wc-on-hold', 'wc-pending'November 20, 2020 at 10:27 am #16846
How we can prevent it to happen again?
In case, we remove WC order history data then most of the customer will get First purchase coupon, right?November 20, 2020 at 11:09 am #16847
Our plugin uses the order history to check whether the customer has purchased before, so you shoudn’t move orders to trash.December 1, 2020 at 5:18 am #16943
There is another case but this time user placed two orders with a time difference of few hours.
On his first order, user got Coupon which is for first purchase only.
Since his first order was in processing, He placed 2nd order and got the First coupon purchase again.December 1, 2020 at 7:49 am #16946
We’re facing multiple issues:
1. Furthermore, you mentioned above that the customers received first purchase coupon on the basis of order statuses while First purchase option description is counting “Verified Billing email address or user-ID“. Here is the screenshot: https://snipboard.io/TQqF1E.jpg
2. Whenever we update plugin from admin dashboard then after update, plugin automatically deactivate.December 1, 2020 at 8:18 am #16948
0. Please send me both order confirmation emails to admin at soft79.nl
1. Yes, that’s how it works. It looks up the email address and user-id in the order history.
2. Any error message in the log?December 22, 2020 at 11:36 am #17078
The new Customer didn’t receive a ‘Free Gift Coupon’ on his first purchase. Here is the screenshot of the coupon settings: https://snipboard.io/xiPGha.jpg
What is triggering this error?December 22, 2020 at 12:31 pm #17079
Don’t know. When I apply it manually in your store it gets removed immediately. I see a notice ‘Coupon Codes can not be used at the same time as Speed Pass Points redemption.’, I don’t know if this is related?
Please try this:
1. Temporarily disable our plugin
2. Add items in the cart so it matches the coupon conditions
3. Apply the coupon manually
4. Does the coupon stay in the cart?December 23, 2020 at 6:46 am #17083
Yes, we’re already aware with it Customer can’t get the First Purchase Coupon along with Speed Pass Points. A customer who didn’t receive the First purchase coupon didn’t redeem speed pass points as you can see in the Order Meta screenshot: https://snipboard.io/i0cy1e.jpg
So, speed pass point/SUMO reward point isn’t the issue here.
Yes, we followed the above-mentioned steps and the new customer successfully receive the First purchase coupon. Yes, the Coupon stayed in the cart.
NOTE: we tested on staging19.xxxxx.coDecember 23, 2020 at 9:40 am #17084
Please send me frontend and admin credentials to test it at the staging site. You can send them to admin at soft79.nl.December 23, 2020 at 11:16 am #17085
While testing on your staging environment all looks fine. Has this been a single order where the coupon failed to add? Is this order also available in the staging environment? Please send me the ordernumber.
If it’s not available on staging, please send me the:
1: Order number
2: Used email-address
3: WooCommerce-Extended-Coupon-Features-2020-xx-xx.log file of the date of purchase.December 24, 2020 at 6:22 am #17087
Yes, it’s the single order and only customer where the coupon failed to add to the cart. No, it’s not in the staging environment. Here are the required details:
1. Order number: 67475
2. User email: xxxxxxxxxx
3. Order/Purchase date: 21-12-2020
4. There is no log file with the name of WooCommerce-Extended-Coupon-Features under WooCommerce -> status -> log.December 24, 2020 at 8:53 am #17088
Since it only happened to a single order, I suspect something else is the case:
1. Either an order was already placed from the pc or browser that the customer uses but under a different name (cookie)
2. Or the user had entered an email address that was used to place a previous order (and changed the email address afterwards)
3. One of the other coupon restrictions isn’t met.
Without a log this is impossible to debug. If you’re afraid this can happen more often, please enable our plugin’s debug mode to enable logging.December 24, 2020 at 11:20 am #17090
What are the possible effects if we enable plugin’s debug mode?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.