Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO eached the maximum number of domains for this key

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jennifersponge
    Participant

Receiving the following message on my installed plug-in:
    You had reached the maximum number of domains for this key. You will not receive automatic updates. Please enter a valid licence key here.

What does it mean and what do I need to do in order to fix this?

Thank you.

Soft79
    Keymaster

First of all your license has expired, so please renew it.

That message occurs if you’re trying to use the license on multiple domains. The license is currently enabled for a *.wpengine.com domain, are you trying to activate on another domain, maybe?

jennifersponge
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I did not originally purchase or set up the plug-in, so I did not know I had to re-license it yearly. Does it say where it expires somewhere in the plug-in’s dashboard (just curious).
    I will re-license it.

The license MAY have been added to another site, but that site has since been deleted. There is only the single site now.

Once I re-license, will the notification go away?

Soft79
    Keymaster

You can view license details or extend the license at Your Account-page. You can remove the wpengine activation if you wish to activate the license to a different domain. If you wish we can also do this for you.

jennifersponge
    Participant

OK, I renewed the license. However, I am still showing the same error. The plug-in is copied over anytime I backup my site to my Staging server. I disabled my plug-in and I am still getting the same error: You had reached the maximum number of domains for this key. You will not receive automatic updates. Please enter a valid license key here.

Soft79
    Keymaster

I deactivated the *.wpengine.com license, please try again.

jennifersponge
    Participant

Thanks. I just tried to update and I got the following:

Update failed: Download failed. Forbidden

I checked for more details and the changelog for the plug-in said: Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress.

I am running wordpress 5.8.1 using Woo Commerce Version 5.8.0 and running ProShop Theme Version: 2.0.16
    By WooCommerce.

Can you advise as to why it is not updating?

Also, may I use this license on my staging website? I would like to do that because I run any updates to plug-ins these first, rather than my live site.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Soft79
    Keymaster

You can use it on staging, just don’t enter any license details.
    You should be able to download now. You can ignore the ‘tested up to’ warning, we don’t update this field at every WC update.

jennifersponge
    Participant

Is there anyway I can try the updated plug-in on my staging site first to check things out before I do it on my live/production site?

Thanks!

Soft79
    Keymaster

You can always download the plugin from your account page. Or enter the production domain name in the license details of the staging site.

jennifersponge
    Participant

Ok, I did that. I added my staging site in the license details (along with the license) and I got this warning:
    You had reached the maximum number of domains for this key.

Soft79
    Keymaster

You need to enter the same domain name as your production site. You can’t use stagingxxxx.wpenginge.com because xxxx.com is already activated.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.