Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Force free product coupon with single use coupon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    anthonyceo
    Participant

I want to be able to stack single use coupons with free product coupons. For example, if someone enters a 20% off coupon, I still want them to be able to get a free item.

Is there options for this or a filter I can use to do this?

Soft79
    Keymaster

You can use the following WooCommerce filters for that:

woocommerce_apply_individual_use_coupon (must return an array with already applied coupons that may be kept)
    woocommerce_apply_with_individual_use_coupon (must return a boolean whether a coupon can be applied while there are individual use coupons in the cart)

anthonyceo
    Participant

Thank you.

filter_woocommerce_apply_individual_use_coupon( $array, $the_coupon, $this_applied_coupons )

What is $array for?

Is info whether or not a coupon has free products stored in $the_coupon?
    (e.g. $the_coupon->free_products or something like that)

Soft79
    Keymaster

It’s the coupons to keep when the individual use coupon is applied. E.g. return all the auto coupons that are already applied to the cart.

See https://docs.woocommerce.com/wc-apidocs/source-class-WC_Cart.html#1582

anthonyceo
    Participant

Thank you for your help. 🙂

Here’s the simple code for others trying to do the same thing. Unfortunately, the coupon object doesn’t declare whether the coupon has a free item. However, all of our coupons for Free Products have a discount amount of 0.

add_filter('woocommerce_apply_with_individual_use_coupon', 'force_bogo_coupon', 10, 2);

function force_bogo_coupon($bool, $coupon) {
    	$amount = $coupon->amount;
    	$bool = ($amount == 0) ? true : $bool;
    	return $bool;
    }

Edit:

this code is more specific to a free product:

add_filter('woocommerce_apply_with_individual_use_coupon', 'force_bogo_coupon', 10, 2);

function force_bogo_coupon($bool, $coupon) {
    	$meta = $coupon->get_meta('_wjecf_must_select_free_product');
    	$bool = ($meta === 'yes') ? true : $bool;
    	return $bool;
    }
    Yulia Kolesnik
    Participant

This works like a charm, thank you! I’ve been looking for exactly this solution.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.