Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Free Choice Not Always Showing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chris Colotti
    Participant

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but I have been using the “choose a free product” for a while. I recently noticed orders were not coming through with choices, when I tested they were not being shown (but they were before). I checked the coupon and the “auto coupon” was NOT checked. When I checked that they started showing again. If I disable it they show for a period of time (guessing something to do with CloufFLare Enterprise Caching), and then stop again. If I re-enable auto coupon it seems to work consistently. I was not sure how else to get them working or if that scenario is even supposed to be correct to require auto coupon or not, or why it only seems to work now with it on.

My provider manages the CloudFlare Enterprise I have no control over it FWIW.

Chris Colotti
    Participant

I should note you helped with a custom template for the choice in the past which has continued to work well that has not changed since you helped, just this new oddity 🙂

Soft79
    Keymaster

CloudFlare Enterprise Caching shouldn’t cache the cart/checkout page. You would really need to find out first if the CloudFlare cache is causing the issue (e.g. disable it temporarily).

Chris Colotti
    Participant

I did check and the provider has said all those pages are bypassed by default with their CF Enterprise add-on deployment (it’s via CloudWays) and they have always been top notch with WooCommerce stuff. I also made sure there is no local caching enabled for those as well they have those bypassed as well in their default deployments that have varnish on their VMs

Basically they have confirmed all WC pages that should not be cached are not with their built in tools/deployments. I don’t “think” it’s a cache issue but it’s working much more consistently with the Auto Coupon enabled for sure oddly..

Soft79
    Keymaster

Please send me an url + steps to see the behaviour.

Chris Colotti
    Participant

Let me setup a staging here in a bit so we can poke at it more I think that would be easier too we can communicate off the public board for creds if needed

Appreciate the help to look into it.

Soft79
    Keymaster

You can contact me at admin at soft79.nl

Chris Colotti
    Participant

perfect, spinning up staging now :). Thanks again!

Soft79
    Keymaster

I don’t see anything strange on the staging site. With autocoupon enabled the coupon applies as expected and displays the free product choice. With autocoupon disabled and after entering the coupon code, the coupon applies and also displays the free product choice.

Maybe you can send a video that shows the unexpected behaviour?

Chris Colotti
    Participant

Sorry was off the last couple days. I will keep checking but it seems to “just stop after time” with the auto coupon disabled. I can disable it on staging and see if it shows back up over time. When it happens there is just nothing presented for options, pretty simple to see when it occurs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.