Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Free item disappearing in checkout

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Wagner
    Participant

I’m super close to configuring this… the free item function works for another offer on the main site when a cart is involved, but I’m trying to send customers to an exclusive Buy 2 Get 1 Free offer with the checkout page already set up with the same 3 variable products. I narrowed it down to a couple things:

1. The free item selection shows up when the checkout page loads, but once I click on the free item, and then go to choose the variations of the other two products, the free item and coupon disappears.

2. To bypass this, I checked the auto-apply coupon, and it worked since it forces it to push the coupon back on the order when I click to the 2nd step of the checkout. (a 2nd step is needed to make the free product selection show up in the order summary… I think that kind of acts like the “Enter” button once the free product is selected)

It’s great i found a workaround, but now the issue is if it auto-applies, it could go to other checkouts with similar offers to other segmented customers… I only want customers to be able to use the coupon 1 time… The coupons are set up to auto apply in the each individual checkout setting. (Using Aerocheckout)

I set up a test checkout to show 1 with auto-apply and one without (with the free gift disappearing) but I get an error that the auto-applied coupon is overriding the new test coupon I created.

Can someone take a look and see what’s making this glitch please.

Here’s the buy 2 get 1 free offer with no auto-apply: https://reppsports.com/checkouts/raze-buy-2-get-1-free-10-gift-card-special-offer/

I tried 2 step, and single page checkouts.

Soft79
    Keymaster

Please create a new file:

wp-content/themes/Divi-child/woocommerce-auto-added-coupons/checkout/select-free-product.php

and paste the snippet at https://pastebin.com/sbvD5R3b in it.

Christopher Wagner
    Participant

I added that file and snippet and it looks like it didn’t fix the issue. The coupon and free item still gets kicked off when I select different flavors of the other two products and go to the next step.

https://reppsports.com/checkouts/raze-buy-2-get-1-free-10-gift-card-special-offer/

Soft79
    Keymaster

No, but it helps me debug 🙂

Can you please the content with:

https://pastebin.com/AS5a2ejP

Christopher Wagner
    Participant

Do you mean replace the content?

Soft79
    Keymaster

Yes. I missed a word 😉

Christopher Wagner
    Participant

Ha no worries! Just wanted to be sure.

I updated that script now.

Soft79
    Keymaster

ok, I see. You can remove the script for now, I’m investigating the output as we speak.

Christopher Wagner
    Participant

Okay, I removed it. If we can fix this, it will solve so many things I’ve been trying to figure out over the past two months for promo offers. Thank you for your time looking into this. Much appreciated. I know a lot of people use Aerocheckout so it would be good to be compatible with their plugin.

Soft79
    Keymaster

I need to look at the source of the Aerocheckout plugin, can you send it to admin at soft79.nl?

Soft79
    Keymaster

I looked at the source, but for now I don’t have to dive into it in more detail. I suspect that the Aero plugin recreates the cart and at the moment our plugin’s free product selection is loaded no coupon is in the cart. Maybe the author of Aero can help you further. Our plugin hooks into woocommerce_update_order_review_fragments which get called in WFACP_Common::get_fragments().

Christopher Wagner
    Participant

Okay, that’s helpful information to pass to them. Thank you very much for your time. I’ll post back once they respond but usually they’re not online over the weekend.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.