Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Free product or BOGO, but insufficient stock

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dicko
    Participant

Hi,

Currently I’m doing BOGO or free product promotions, but some of the products are in limited stock. Is it possible, when the product is not enough in stock for the BOGO or free product promotions, then the coupon is not applied?

Example:

Product A is left 1 in stock, with BOGO coupon, and auto apply coupon. When a customer adds this product into his cart, do NOT apply the coupon.

I’m aware of the “Apply silently” option, but that’s not applicable in my case. I want the customer to know when the coupon is applied (to further awareness of the promotion), but not when there’s not enough stock.

Thanks,
    Dicko

Soft79
    Keymaster

There’s no easy way to disable the coupon in that case. Another option would be applying 100% discount to every 2nd matching item using ‘Limit discount to: Every nth item’

dicko
    Participant

I can’t see where the “Limit discount to every nth item” option is?

But if I understand correctly, then this would mean the customer needs to add 2 x item instead of 1 (to get the free 2nd item)? While with BOGO, the customer only needs to add 1 x item, and then the free 2nd item is automatically added, correct?

Soft79
    Keymaster

It’s on the Usage Limits-tab, if the coupon of the Percent Discount-type.

Yes, customer would need to place both items in the cart.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.