Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO How to translate a coupon?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Baptiste Delval
    Participant

Hi, I’m using WPML to translate my website into English (the original version is in French).
    However, I can’t find a way to translate my coupons.
    To give you a clearer explanation of what I want to do, I have set up an auto coupon. Its description appears on the checkout page on the right when a valid product is in the cart. This description is in French and I can’t find any string in WPML that matches it in order to write its translation.
    What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Cheers,

Jos
    Participant

The description should appear in String Translations under ‘woocommerce-jos-autocoupon’

Baptiste Delval
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.
    I did look under ‘woocommerce-jos-autocoupon’ before posting here. I double checked today and the coupon description does not show. Actually, only some of my previously created coupons are available for translation. The most recent ones don’t.
    How can I help you troubleshoot this issue?

Soft79
    Keymaster

There is a button or checkbox somewhere in WPML String Translations to ‘Track when strings appear on the site’. You must enable it, go to your site and make sure the description is displayed on the frontend (i.e. apply the coupon) and then go back to WPML. The translation should appear now, and you can disable tracking of strings.

See https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Baptiste Delval
    Participant

Thank you very much for your help, that worked perfectly.
    Cheers,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.