May 17, 2017 at 9:46 pm #1364
Hi! Please can you let me know if this is possible, with the Pro version of the plugin?
My website is selling flooring tiles. We would like to give away samples of these tiles, for free, but only 2 free samples per customer.
I’ve got the samples functionality working with the Woocommerce Sample plugin. This allows me to add a sample to the cart and order it. I’ve got the samples priced at say £5 each. Then I’d like to automatically apply a coupon for £10, so each customer can order 2 free samples, after that they pay £5.
This functionality works, however as soon as anything else is added to the cart – say they order £30 worth of tiles, in addition to the free sample – the coupon no longer gets applied.
Is there a way the coupon can apply to the £5 product, even with other products in the basket? Unfortunately these samples aren’t limited to a specific category, they could be any category of product, the only specific thing is that they’re the only product priced at £5.
I hope you can help! Thank you very much!May 19, 2017 at 1:53 pm #1373
Can you please send me an url to your store, so I can have a look what the sample products look like?May 19, 2017 at 3:50 pm #1374
Sure thank you very much. The product which currently has a “sample” option is here:
(Click the pink “ZAMOW” button to add a sample to the basket).
The 20zl coupon automatically applies, but it applies to anything, i’d like it to specifically apply to sample orders only, rather than just anything, and I’d only like it to apply twice per customer (so ideally, if they go back in future and have previously ordered 2 samples, the coupon no longer applies).
Thank you very much!May 19, 2017 at 3:51 pm #1375
(To confirm: the green “Dodaj do koszyka” is “add to cart”, the pink button is “Sample”).May 19, 2017 at 7:50 pm #1377
Unfortunately it’s not possible out of the box.
I think it can be done with some customization. If you wish me te create a small script for this, please contact me through the contact page and ask me for a quote.May 19, 2017 at 8:35 pm #1378
Thank you for your reply. I’ve just emailed you a specification of what we’d need, I look forward to hearing from you. (Here is the email I sent just in case:)
Hi, I was talking to you about the extended coupons functionality, working with samples of flooring tiles products. You advised to contact you through here for a quote for customisation.
What we’d need it to do:
– We have woocommerce products (boxes of flooring tiles).
– We want to give samples of some products. For this functionlity we’re using
the plugin Woocommerce Sample.
– We want each customer to be able to order 2 samples of products for free, then be charged an amount for any further samples they order in the future.
– We want the sample to ideally be automatically applied for the sample, with free shipping, but we want customers to be able to order other products as well (that they have to pay for). So for example, a customer might want to order a free sample of product X, Y and Z, plus order some actual boxes of Product A. However they only get 2 free samples, so they will get X and Y samples for free, but will be charged for sample Z, and product A.
– Or perhaps the customer orders 2 samples a month ago. They come back and try to order another sample, but because they’ve already had their 2 free samples, they now have to pay for any further samples. (We know people will be able to “cheat this” if they really try – it doesn’t need to be 100% foolproof, just the basic functionality of 2 free samples generally speaking).
Please let me know if this is possible, and what you’d charge to work on this customisation. Thank you very much for your time.May 19, 2017 at 10:40 pm #1379
Yes, I’ve received it. I’ll get back to you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.