Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO One problem and one question BOGO

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Melvin Cheah
    Participant

I have setup the following (match3):
    -Fixed product discount
    -Products OR ticket1 exclude ticket2
    -Minimum quantity 3
    -free products: ticket1
    -allow multiplication of product
    -BOGO

When I go to cart and apply the coupon on 3 ticket1, I get a Free! quantity 4 ticket1
    If I add 4 then I get free 5.
    How do I fix this? What did I do wrong?

I would also like another coupon code whereby it would be triple10 whereby if someone adds 10 x ticket1 to cart and uses that code, they get 20 x ticket1 free. How would I do that?

Thanks!

Soft79
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Remove the ‘ticket1’ from free products. Just checking the BOGO is enough. You can also remove the excluded ‘ticket2’

2. You need a snippet in your child theme’s functions.php for that. Set minimum quantity of matching products of the coupon to 10 and use this snippet:

add_filter( 'wjecf_bogo_product_amount_for_coupon', function ( $amount, $coupon )
    {
      if ( strcasecmp( $coupon->get_code(), 'COUPON_CODE_HERE' ) == 0 ) {
        $min_matching_product_qty = intval( $coupon->get_meta( '_wjecf_min_matching_product_qty' ) );
        if ( $min_matching_product_qty < 1 ) $min_matching_product_qty = 1;
        $amount = 2 * floor( $amount / $min_matching_product_qty );
      }
      return $amount;
    }, 10, 2 );

(untested)

Melvin Cheah
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for #1. That was what I needed to make it work.

For #2, I inserted my COUPON CODE that I created with minimum quantity 10 into ‘COUPON_CODE_HERE’. I also changed it to $amount = 20 * floor( $amount / $min_matching_product_qty );

This makes more sense and gives me the result I want since if min quantity is set as 10 and I order place 10 in cart, that will return a 1 multiply by 20 and that amount is added to cart for free. For 15 it returns 1 as well and for 20 it returns 2 which gives me the desired result.

Let me know if my logic is off and if it will create problems. Thanks!

Soft79
    Keymaster

Yeah, looks good. Alternatively you could do this:

$amount = 2 * $min_matching_product_qty * floor( $amount / $min_matching_product_qty );

Melvin Cheah
    Participant

That’s a good idea. Thanks! It’s cleaner and allows for more manipulation on the min quantity.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.