Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Orders being submitted even without any free product selection.

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ict-admin
    Participant

Hi,

I have 2 scenarios which produces 2 different problem:

Scenario 1:
    When I try to insert a coupon with free products to choose from on the checkout page, the coupon applies on my order summary but no product selection can be made for the free product list.

https://imgur.com/a/rcYX9m1

Scenario 2:
    I added the free product coupon on the cart page but did not choose any free product -> went to checkout page and fill up information without choosing free product -> clicked on the place order button

The order pushed through and upon checking on the order details on the back end there are no free products included on the order but the coupon applied successfully.

In short scenario 2 has no validation to make sure customer must select product first before placing an order

https://imgur.com/7yY4bWz

Will wait for a solution for this.

Thanks.

Soft79
    Keymaster

1) Can you send me url(s) to such free products?

2) I removed this validation to make sure a checkout can be made even if the customer doesn’t want to or can’t add a free item to the cart. IMO a succesful checkout is more important than a free product selection.

ict-admin
    Participant

I see.

Is it possible to have the freebie options appear when the code is entered during checkout?

We know that if the code is entered during the cart stage, options are shown. Even when no choice is made, the options still appear on the checkout page.

But when the code is entered during checkout, the order updates and attaches the code, but no options for freebies are shown.

Soft79
    Keymaster

Sure:

1. Copy the file wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-auto-added-coupons-pro/templates/checkout/select-free-product.php
    2. Paste it here: wp-content/themes/YOUR_CHILD_THEME/woocommerce-auto-added-coupons/checkout/select-free-product.php
    3. In the pasted file remove this part:
      //Don't display if no free product selections...
      if ( empty( $coupons_form_data ) ) {
      	return;
      }

Refresh your checkout page and try again.

ict-admin
    Participant

The solution you provided works as intended. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.