November 18, 2018 at 10:53 am #4131
We need to start a promotion today, but we’ve been hit by an auto coupon bug.
We have four auto coupons:
- 10% off for 1 item, usage restrictions: min qty 1, max qty 1
- 15% off for 2 items, usage restrictions: min qty 2, max qty 2
- 20% off for 3 items, usage restrictions: min qty 3, max qty 3
- 25% off for 4+ items, usage restrictions: min qty 4
The coupons themselves work as expected. However, they are not always applied automatically. Every second cart update triggers a proper coupon update, ie. the right coupon is applied, but between two working auto coupon updates, there is one update event when the wrong coupon is only removed but the right one is not applied.
- I add one item to cart, result is: Discount applied: 10% off for 1 item
- I add another one (now we have 2 items), the previous coupon is removed but the one which applies is not added
- I add 2 more items (now we have 4 items): Discount applied: 25% off for 4+ items
- I remove 1 item (now we have 3 items), the previous coupon is removed but the one which applies is not added
- I remove 1 item (now we have 2 items), 15% off for 2 items
- and so forth: every second update works, and between two successful auto update events there is one, when the invalid coupon is removed but the valid one is not added to the card.
I also tried to set the priorities of the coupons – although it should not matter in this case – but it did not make any difference.
Is there anything that can be done to fix it ASAP?
Thanks in advance!November 18, 2018 at 11:09 am #4132
Can you send me an url + instructions to reproduce the issue? Also, please enable Settings > WC Ext. Coupon Features > Debug mode.November 18, 2018 at 11:13 am #4133
Thanks for the very quick reply! I am preparing a staging site for you to test, I’ll send it to you ASAP.November 18, 2018 at 11:17 am #4134
If required, private details can be sent to admin at soft79.nlNovember 18, 2018 at 11:36 am #4135
Thanks, I have success by disabling “High Performance mode”. If “High Performance mode” is not enabled, then each cart item update works as expected. Since it is Sunday and I have a lot of other tasks to do, I am happy with this quick fix for the time being.
Also, preparing a testing site takes about an hour, because of added security precautions I need to perform manually.
Maybe by sending you the logs when I am testing with “High Performance mode ON” will help you?November 18, 2018 at 12:20 pm #4136
Yes please. The WC System Status Report would also help.
Good news that disabling performance mode fixes the issue.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.