Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO staging/development licence key issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Szilvia
    Participant

Hello,

Yesterday I updated from 2.5.5.1 to 2.6.0.2. Today I need to work on a staging instance of our website and I get lots of these in the log:
    WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features warning: Licence key not active for current domain.
    Is it really necessary? We have a single site license but being able to use the plugin properly in a staging/development environment is crucial because sometimes it is important not to test things out in production.

• Does v2.6.0.2 work without limitations even if it spits out this warning?
    • Also, is there a way not to get the warnings?

I use the log for testing purposes so these lines are not welcome.

Soft79
    Keymaster

Just remove the license information in Settings > WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features of your staging instance.

It works without limitations, but will not receive automatic updates.

Szilvia
    Participant

Thank you for your quick reply!

“It works without limitations, but will not receive automatic updates.”
    That’s okay, I can live with it.

“Just remove the license information in Settings > WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features of your staging instance.”
    I think it is just a temporary solution. Could you please consider removing the warning message from the log? Or at at least please make it possible to define staging domains somehow.

Whenever I start working on the staging instance I clone the database from production to the staging site. This means from now on I will also need to clear the license manually in order to get rid of the warning. I’m not very happy with performing unnecessary manual adjustments each time.

Soft79
    Keymaster

If you clone the database, the license will still be valid. So, as long as you don’t change the domain in the ‘Domain’ field, no manual operations are required.

I don’t have plans to remove it from the log as it can be useful information.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.