Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Support for Composite Products

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    netsparq
    Participant

I’d like to be able to use this plugin to apply a discount when multiple composite products of the same product ID are purchased. As of now this functionality does not seem to work correctly..

Soft79
    Keymaster

Can you send me an url to such a composite product and your coupon settings?

netsparq
    Participant

Sure!

Here is a link to the composite product:
    https://www.netsparq.com/dev/kd/product/complete-set/

Coupon Settings:
    Fixed Cart Discount – 5
    Product Categories(OR) – Complete Set
    Minimum Quantity 2

The plugin works if I set the number of items to the number of child products + the parent item.

Soft79
    Keymaster

I see. Maybe the child products are treated like it’s parent somehow. Have you tried limiting the coupon to the parent product instead of the category?

Otherwise, can you please send me the composite products plugin to admin at soft79.nl so I can see how it handles those products? Maybe there’s an easy fix.

Soft79
    Keymaster

I found this comment in the code of the WooCommerce Composite Products-plugin:

Inherit coupon validity from parent:
    – Coupon is invalid for child item if parent is excluded.
    – Coupon is valid for child item if valid for parent, unless child item is excluded.

Thus, a workaround is excluding the category(ies) of the child products from the coupon.

In case of a fixed cart discount this would invalidate the coupon. To solve this you must tick the checkbox “Allow discount on cart with excluded items” on the usage restriction-tab.

netsparq
    Participant

I must have missed that. Thank you for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.