Repository Forums Support Expiry dates for WooCommerce PRO Tooltip and Expiry date on invoice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hameed Imthad
    Participant

Hi Team,
    Just wanted to check if we can have a tool tip next to expiry date where in we can have some message to customer like the example below

“ The length of time for the expiration date or “best used before” date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.”

Also can we have expiry date on the invoice as it would help the packing to team to pick the right item. We are using “WooCommerce PDF Invoices” plugin

Thanks

Hameed Imthad
    Participant

Hi Team,
    Just wanted to check if we can have a tool tip next to expiry date where in we can have some message to customer like the example below

“ The length of time for the expiration date or “best used before” date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand.”

Also can we have expiry date on the invoice as it would help the packing to team to pick the right item. We are using “WooCommerce PDF Invoices” plugin

Thanks

Soft79
    Keymaster

Hi,

you can override a template file. Copy wp-content/plugins/soft79-wc-expiry-dates-pro/template/single-product/expiry-date.php to wp-content/themes/YOUR-CHILD-THEME/soft79-wc-expiry-dates-pro/single-product/expiry-date.php and change to your needs.

To display the expiry date on your invoice or packing slip, please tick “WP-Admin > Products > Expiry Rules > (Expiry Rule) >
    Display expiry date on order confirmation”. This works well with WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips , I’m not sure if it works with the plugin you are using.

Hameed Imthad
    Participant

Hi Team,

Thanks for you reply..

Displaying date in invoice works fine.

I would require some help on the first one. I have copied the file as you have mentioned. But need you help in adding a tool tip.

Also one more thing I would like to check, can we make it mandatory to enter expiry date when ever a new stock is added.

Soft79
    Keymaster

I miswrote the path. It must be wp-content/themes/YOUR-CHILD-THEME/soft79-wc-expiry-dates/single-product/expiry-date.php. You can adjust the html to whatever you like, for example by adding a title-attribute to the div.

<div class="soft79_wcxd_expiry_dates" title="The length of time for the expiration date or 'best used before' date depends on the type of product, as well as the brand">
        <?php
            $expiry_date = $product_logic->getPurchasableExpiryDate();
            if ( ! empty( $expiry_date ) ) {
                echo $expiry_rule->getTitle() . ': <span class="soft79_wcxd_expiry_date">' . SOFT79_WCXD_View::formatDate( $expiry_date ) . '</span>';
            }
        ?>
    </div>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.