Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO Unavailable Variations or Discontinued Variations

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris Colotti
    Participant

I noticed on a free item with variations that ALL variations show even if something is not actually available (0 stock or discontinued status). Is there a way to filter out the known “unavailable” products? I see this both with out of stock items and I use this popular paid plugin for discontinued items:

https://barn2.com/wordpress-plugins/woocommerce-discontinued-products/

It just adds another “status” like out of stock but labels it discontinued.

I have a staging site available to examine.

It does through these errors:

Out of stock: Sorry, we do not have enough “Oberheim Flag Tee” in stock (0 in stock). Please review your selection.

Discontinued: Sorry, we do not have enough “Oberheim Flag Tee” in stock ( in stock). Please review your selection.

The second message is just odd as I am guessing it is due to the discontinued product one, but still a filter to remove the unavailable items would seem better. Of course as a work around I can only present the individual items that are not discontinued since the item is going end of life, but was curious for simply out of stock it’s a second click for the user to change their selection once they get the error.

Chris Colotti
    Participant

I found this so I am assuming this is still the case there is no “logic” for the out ot stock item to be hidden?

https://www.soft79.nl/forums/topic/hide-out-of-stock-variations-from-free-product-offer/

Soft79
    Keymaster

Hi, no unfortunately there isn’t. Either make sure all items are in stock or on the Edit Coupon page choose the variations instead of the ‘parent’ products.

Chris Colotti
    Participant

Fair enough. On discontinued items just as easy to add the individual variations that are left since it’s an EOL product. for others the message is fine (just not intuitive) but I am working with the swatch plugin vendor to see if their “red X” can. be shown since they did fix the conflict and crash.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.