Repository Forums Support WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features PRO WooCommerce Subscriptions Free Gift coupon not working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Humphrey
    Participant

I purchased the PRO version to perform what I’d hoped was a simple task – when someone adds a Subscription product to their cart, and enters a coupon code, a free gift is also added to the cart. I’ve tried numerous ways to set this up, and it seems not have the functionality (although the same is described on the sales page). I either get ‘Coupon ‘sundaytimes’ will be applied when its conditions are met.’ even though the condition is met (the subscription product is in the cart) or I get “Sorry, this coupon is only valid for an initial payment and the cart does not require an initial payment”.

Daniel Humphrey
    Participant
    Soft79
    Keymaster

What is the discount type of the coupon? Try setting it to: 0 Percent discount

Daniel Humphrey
    Participant

I tried all of the discount types with the same result.

Soft79
    Keymaster

Please temporarily enable debug mode from our plugin’s Settings page and send us the coupon code.

Daniel Humphrey
    Participant

If it helps, when you choose the 6 month or 12 moth gift option from the subscription product, it works – it adds the free item, just not on the main bi-monthly subscription, assume because there is no up front cost.

So, is there a way for the plugin to still add the product when the shopping cart total reads £0?

Daniel Humphrey
    Participant

Ok, have added another coupon code to do the same as have used a workaround for now on another code.

This code – SOFT79 – should add item ‘FREE GIFT’ to your cart when you choose Join the club from the shop. It should be auto applied.

Soft79
    Keymaster

I looked up the source code of the Subscriptions plugin and found a possible solution. Are you comfortable with pasting a PHP snippet?

add_filter(
      'woocommerce_subscriptions_validate_coupon_type',
      function( $validate, $coupon, $valid ) {
          if ( ! $coupon->get_amount() ) {
            $validate = false;
          }
          return $validate;
      },10, 3
    );

Please note I didn’t test this.

Daniel Humphrey
    Participant

Is this to add to functions.php?

Soft79
    Keymaster

Yes, the functions.php of your child theme if you have one.

Daniel Humphrey
    Participant

It works! Thank you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.